I am big fan of mind mapping as a means of exposing thought processes and allowing you to develop your thinking clearly. Tony Buzan is as it turns out the inventor of mind mapping as an approach. I found this video this week from the CEO of ThinkBuzan who are selling mind mapping software based on his principles. There are many other open source and commercial offerings. So in order to help your children and express themselves and help anyone work through ideas, challenges or issues please look into mind mapping.
To see the transformation in understanding it can bring is inspiring, the see the release it provides for someone trying to express themselves when they cannot find the words or translate the words in their brain to something others can understand is emotional.
If you want to try out software that is free or open source or online then also try some of these
Every noticed how people are busy making lists of things they are going to do, or talking about what they are going to do or interested in that needs investigation.
All sounds terribly intellectual and clever but hidden behind this is a simple fact that people have to a large extent lost the love of execution, by which I mean actually doing things, writing a document, reading an article, researching something, forming an opinion, making a difference, contributing or delivering on commitments.
I think this is a corporate and social malaise that is causing waste, delays and fails on so many fronts as people have lost the make it happen spirit. I this a by product of employing people from University where they have acquired a sense of self importance devoid of outcomes beyond studying to get the right degree to get into the right graduate programme or is it corporate culture that wants yes people who simply work to earn to live versus see work as a fundamental part of who they are. Work is part of and individuals contribution to society, growth in the economy and general improvement in all things, self esteem, self awareness and fulfilment.
We are increasingly seeing employers seeking people with real experience who can turn up and work, by which I mean produce something, do something, be happy to follow when asked, happy to lead but above to produce things not just talk about it in self congratulatory terms demonstrating their prowess with the English Language and access to arcane knowledge and terms that are largely inaccessible to most people.
We need a simple charter for the future
- Understand what is need
- Think about who to achieve it
- Act on those steps and deliver
- Measure the result for satisfaction and outcomes
- Value delivery and execution above pontification, expect people to be responsible and accountable
If what a person doing cannot be defined in SMART terms we should be saying stop until you can.
I don’t want to kill thinking, what i want to do is inspire people to execute and learn the joy of making things happen
Dear Mr. Cameron,
Please find below my suggestion for fixing the UK ‘s economy.
Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan; The Patriotic Retirement Plan:
There are about 10 million people over 50 in the work force.
Pay them £1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:
1) They MUST retire. Ten million job openings – unemployment fixed
2) They MUST buy a new British car. Ten million cars ordered – Car Industry fixed
3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage – Housing Crisis fixed
4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university – Crime rate fixed
5) They MUST buy £100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week ….. And there’s your money back in duty/tax etc
It can’t get any easier than that!
P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know.
Let’s put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.
- This way the pensioners would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.
- They’d receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they’d receive money instead of paying it out.
- They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.
- Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.
- A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.
- They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.
- They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counseling, pool and education.
- Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ’s and legal aid would be free, on request.
- Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens.
- Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.
- There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.
The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised.
- Lights off at 8pm
- showers once a week
- Live in a tiny room
- pay £600.00 per week and have no hope of ever getting out.
Think about this (more points of contention):
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Appleby almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the county of Cumbria?
And, they even tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 125,000 illegal immigrants wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.
We need a radical rethink of English football including ditching Rooney lets either find young fresh talent or real grafters and start rediscovering the joy of the game and the pride in representing your country
It seems to be that each year the X Factor moves much like Big Brother into a formulaic way of working. The commercial potential of the artist seems to be more important than their ability to sing and perform. I guess some officianado will lambast me for simply not getting that the X Factor is exactly about commercial potential.
Well for me the X Factor is the hairs standing up on the back of my neck and a well of emotional reaction to a performance. Those things do not happen for me unless someone can sing with their heart and soul and critically in tune.
I will continue to watch in the hope of inspiration but for me this year since the departure of Gamu their is no one that has inspired me with the exception of Mary Byrne sing soul mama sing and just now Treyc, effortless and flawless.
Well like many other UK residents we woke up to the possibility of winning £113million only to find that the good news alert was to say I had won £6.80.
For those brief moments of possibility one does the its not me, secretly hoping it is me but not being surprised when it was not me.
They say that paying out money to partake in a lottery is a tax on the stupid, for me it is a minor gamble that opens a window of possibility that for the briefest of moments is tanatalising.
Good luck to the winner, I hope you do something really good and profound with your winnings.
Make a difference